All of us have moments in our lives where we feel blessed to be ALIVE, & not just blessed, grateful, ecstatic & euphoric. I am in pure bliss to have experienced all of these feelings and much more on my very First Cruise Voyage. This is the story of how I soaked in the mighty blues of the Baltic Sea.
On my Swedish Summer’18 holiday, we planned for our maiden voyage to Finland. Two days of Baltic adventure along sides a new city to explore. though we have been to Finland earlier as well, the idea of reaching it via a ship filled me with childlike enthusiasm. and to my surprise, it was not ridiculously expensive as I thought it would be, easy & simple to book & no signs of seasickness.
Sweden is called as the capital of Scandinavia, its very convenient to explore northern European countries from Stockholm via cruises like Finland, Estonia Latvia or Gulf of Finland etc. If you never been to a Cruise before like me, Stockholm is the place to lose your sea virginity. We booked our Voyage via Tallink Silja on the northern side of the Baltic sea.
Most of the cruises are for the 24hr journey, they will drop you to the capital (whichever country you have booked) in the morning and pick you back in the evening, giving you a 12hr window in the city to enjoy a new country, culture, food, shopping etc. its the most convenient type. However, you can choose from 12hr types where you can enjoy the sea in broad daylight and wonder what good have you done in life to experience this serenity. Nature uninterrupted & untouched by human evolution.
Few Tips, which helped me…
- Download the App for which ever cruise line you are booking from.They provide good discounts in there and its easier for Check IN.
- Carry some food with you, especially if traveling with kids and if have any food preferences.
- Make sure you know your Voyage timings for both boarding & return.
- In case of Ship change, you can leave your stuff in Locker rooms instead of carrying it around town.
- You can buy booze inside the ship from duty free but only if you have a valid boarding pass, check before you board.
Hope everyone got to experience this insane beauty and vastness of the sea to cherish it forever. I am looking forward to more such trips in future because good vibes happen on the tides.
Hope you liked my cruise Yatra.. pls share if you have been to cruise before & how was your experience.
Live life one cruise at a time….
One response to “When Sky touched the Sea.. Story of my First Cruise”
Hi thanks forr sharing this
LikeLiked by 1 person